Practice makes permanent.
Perfect practice makes perfect.
How to Practice
Practicing Bullet Points:
- Work every afternoon or evening
(with the singing portion being around 30 minutes, maybe less)
- Warm up gently and thoroughly
- Work problem spots in songs
(not always dozens of complete song runs)
- Memorize by study and listening rather than rote repetition
- Word for word translations
- Study and speak aloud foreign language poetry
- Acquire background information and context for your songs
Some additional ideas not addressed in the video are included in the document Learning a new piece in a foreign language. Follow these steps carefully for every piece you work on, and your public performances will be so much more engaging!