Practice makes permanent.
Perfect practice makes perfect.
How to Practice
Practicing Bullet Points:
- Work every afternoon or evening
(with the singing portion being around 30 minutes, maybe less)
- Warm up gently and thoroughly
- Work problem spots in songs
(not always dozens of complete song runs)
- Memorize by study and listening rather than rote repetition
- Word for word translations
- Study and speak aloud foreign language poetry
- Acquire background information and context for your songs
Some more ideas are included in the document to the right. Follow these steps carefully for every piece you work, and your public performances will be so much more engaging!